There could be many who follow Pep Guardiola out the gates at the Etihad this summer.
All Premier League final games of the season will be played on Sunday. Manchester City welcome newly crowned Europa League champions Aston Villa at the Etihad. – There could be more Manchester City players in their last game for the Sky Blues.
Read: The summer transfer window of the big five
There could be a lot of departures at Manchester City this summer, especially after the news that Pep Guardiola is leaving the club after a decade.
The exodus from Manchester City is expected to continue this summer. New details suggest another likely departure.
On Monday night, the day before City relinquished the Premier League title to Arsenal after drawing against Bournemouth, it was widely reported that Guardiola has decided to leave the club with one year left on his contract.
Former Chelsea boss Enzo Maresca has been mentioned as the replacement waiting in the wings. He worked as an assistant to Guardiola at the club in the 2022/23 season.
However, a summer of big changes awaits at the Etihad Stadium, and rumours abound about who will move on.
In the latest development, ESPN Brasil writes that City are willing to sell winger Savinho after two seasons at the club.
According to journalist Bruno Andrade, Savinho is no longer seen as an important part of the City squad, and he has now been put on the transfer list by the club’s board.
City will demand a sum of over €50 million for the 22-year-old, and a move to another Premier League club appears to be a likely scenario.
Read: Dior heir and football club owner Antoine Arnault wants Jürgen Klopp back in the manager’s chair
The price is significantly lower
City have lowered the price significantly, after the club previously rejected an offer of around 70 million euros for Savinho from Tottenham. At the time, Guardiola still believed that the player had a role to fill.
Savinho’s second season at City proved to be frustrating. He was hampered by injuries and unstable performances, which led to him playing most of his football from the bench.
Savinho made 35 appearances in all competitions – scoring four goals and providing two assists.
Who else is on their way out of Manchester City?
Club legends such as Bernardo Silva and John Stones have already confirmed that they are leaving City. They lifted the FA Cup together against Chelsea on Saturday.
There are also persistent rumours that Real Madrid are ready to sign City’s midfield general Rodri. MARCA writes that he wants to return to Spain, especially with the news that Guardiola is expected to leave.
Los Blancos are also heavily linked with City’s Josko Gvardiol. According to Spanish reports, the player has been offered to Real Madrid.
Sam Lee of The Athletic said on the podcast “Let Me Talk” that more departures from City are expected, but that they will depend on whether Maresca sees the players as part of his plans.
The journalist said he has been “informed” that midfielder Nico Gonzalez is “gone” after being left out of City’s last three matchday squads – despite scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup semi-final.
The former Porto player did a good job as a substitute in Rodri’s absence earlier in the season, but has been given far fewer playing minutes in the second half of the season.









